Saturday 21 August 2010

My new favorite colour is Sand

The only way to describe Nakkna's show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Stockholm is well, Amazing. It was one of those shows that when you watch them, you just think Wow.
   I honestly did love every thing they sent out, even the men's clothes which usually don't impress me as much as the women's from most designers, but although they certainly weren't as imaginative, they did have a certain something about them that made them add to the show. 
   The array of sandy tones, which throughout the show gradually became grey, then a brilliant black and white space pattern, were lovely and really everything about the line was very original.  
   I especially love the sandy smokey stuff flying around the models and the way that they are invisible until they reach the front. The sand adds to the effect of the simple yet complicated designs of the clothes by creating a backdrop that mirrors the theme and feeling of the clothes. 
   Although there are unusual details in many of the pieces on the runway here, they always manage to stay comfortably in between simple everyday clothes and crazy runway clothes. Nakkna is fast becoming one of my favorite designers due to their individual and exciting designs, and it's times like these that i really really wish that I could afford designer clothes! I would start saving but I don't think I would ever get there because my mum still hasn't started an allowance (and probably never will, knowing her)
For the full catwalk show go to the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Stockholm website, I couldn't put it on the blog because it's about ten minutes and so it takes SO long to upload.
And sorry about the weird way in which the pictures are arranged, I don't know how to make it look better !





Finally a model that isn't ridiculously thin! 




(No copyright intended on the photos, I'm not 100% sure if this is commercial use or not so i thought I had better put this on to be safe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment